Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Family Traditions


Every family has some sort of tradition during the holidays.  Even if your tradition is to not have traditions, that’s a tradition.  Depending on which side of the family we are with determines what our Christmas will look like.  Thinking about the holidays and our families I wonder what our family traditions will be.  Will we open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?  Will we have a certain menu for Christmas that we have every year?  Will we have a tree decorating tradition?  As I think about all the traditions that are out there it makes me excited to think about what I want to do with our children.  My sister and I always take a picture in front of the tree, which is fun to look back on. 
 Another one of my favorite traditions was to make and decorate cookies with my mom and sister.  One of Adam’s favorite traditions is on Christmas Eve he would exchange gifts with his other brothers.  I remember one year we made a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas.  I think traditions are good, but also adding in new traditions can also be fun.  This will be Adam and I’s last Christmas “just the two of us.”  And since our families are so far and I am so pregnant, we will be staying home and celebrating in our own home.  Maybe we’ll even imagine what our future Christmases will look like.

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment