Friday, November 7, 2014

A Suggestion for what to do this Weekend


It’s the weekend!  You know what my favorite thing to do on the weekends is?  Watch movies.  Actually this is my favorite thing to do every day, but especially the weekends.  And even more on cold weekends when I can curly up on the couch with a blanket and hot chocolate, and my hubby if he’s willing.  In honor of the movie night I hope to have this weekend, here’s my list of recommendations of movies to watch while you’re pregnant.  Let me know what you think of the list!  Hopefully you will find something that interests you for a movie night of your own.


10 Movies to Watch when Pregnant (in no particular order)

Father of the Bride 2
George Banks finds himself with his daughter pregnant and his wife!  How the whole family deals with these challenges and excitement is hilarious and will make you, and your spouse, laugh, and maybe even your baby too!

What to Expect when you’re Expecting
Such a fun movie about pregnancy.  It has ups and downs, but it’s all about families and new life.

The Backup Plan
Zoe is ready to have a baby, but she doesn’t have a man.  So she decides to have a baby on her own.  Once she becomes pregnant, she meets the man.  This is a funny movie where nothing goes as planned. 

Babies (documentary)
An adorable look at babies from all over the world!  When I watched it I could not get the smile off of my face.

Raising Helen
This movie is not about pregnancy or babies, and the beginning is a little sad, but it’s all about parenting: the good and bad of it.

Baby’s Day Out
Just a cute baby wandering around New York City, what’s not to love?

Knocked Up
This is the only rated R movie on my list, but it’s on here because, if you can find it on TV it is hilarious.  Boy meets girl, girl gets pregnant, and they try to figure out how to become parents.

Baby Mama
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, need I say more?  This movie is about a woman who does not have a man but wants a baby, so she gets a surrogate to carry her baby.  They live together, and find out that they have different ideas on how this pregnancy will be carried out.

Juno
Teenager gets pregnant and has difficult decisions to make.

The Princess Bride
Nothing about pregnancy, parenting, or anything.  This is just a good movie and I will use any excuse to watch it.

 

As I made this list I also thought of some movies that you should definitely not watch when pregnant.

Kill Bill
Pregnant bride loses her baby, and then she seeks revenge.

The Changeling
A mother is sure that her kid was kidnapped, but no one will believe her.

John Q
Child needs a heart transplant the family can’t afford.

Rosemary’s Baby
Just don’t.

Taken
Daughter is kidnapped.

I hope you found a movie that interested you.  What movie do you think should have been on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment