Sunday, November 9, 2014

Waiting


In the words of Inigo Montoya: "I hate waiting."
Waiting has never been a strength of mine, let's go even further to say that I'm not patient--at all-- I never have been.

Nine months is a long time to wait for something.  Besides a baby, is there anything else you've ever successfully waited nine months for.  The only example that I can think of is this:  you're a child and your birthday is in March.  You've just had your birthday and you love all your new toys, but then you see this one toy that you forgot about but you have to have it, and you're out of birthday money.  Your parents says this to you: "put it on your Christmas list."  Ugh! But that's nine months away!  And most likely you will forget about the toy because who wants to wait nine months for something?

The only other thing I had to wait a long time for was for my wedding day.  I had to wait a year from engaged to married.  I can't tell you how many times I said, "I just wish we could be married already!"

So, "I wish this baby were here already!"  I've made it through six months.  Only three months left.  My patience will be tested.  I wish I could speed up the process, but it is probably not the same.

I know that I'll need lots of patience when I have a child, so I should look at this as practice, right?

Phew, I'm sure that these nine months will be more than worth it, but I just hate waiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment