Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How many diapers will you need in the first year?


This is the first box of diapers I have purchased.  A little early, you may think.  And that may be true, but I had a family give me a very good piece of advice: “When you see a sale on diapers, buy them, start buying them now.”  I had listened to the advice and thought it made sense.  And then I saw a chart of how many diapers you will need in the first year of a baby’s life, and I knew that I needed to get on the ball.  Let me share this information with you, that I for one, found very startling.

In the first 0-1 months of your child’s life, you will change their diaper 10-12 times a day, that is 320 diapers in the first month!  In months 1-5, you will change their diaper 8-10 times a day, that is 960 diapers.  You will need another 960 diapers for months 5-9 when you’re changing the baby 8-10 times a day, and then for the last four months of their first year, you will need 728 diapers.  Yikes!  And then will all be different sizes as your baby grows.  That is 2,968 diapers!

To me that seems like a lot.  Once I saw that information, I happened to find a great deal on a box of diapers.  I bought this box of diapers, which has 216 diapers in it for $30 on diapers.com.  So this box is the first box of many, many to come in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment