Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Nursery DIY


This pregnancy was a surprise to Adam and I, which means that we are not as financially prepared as we would have hoped to be.  This is becoming a challenge because I want to start getting the nursery ready and things like that, but everything that I do has to be done with minimal spending.  So here’s a nursery DIY that cost me $10.  Recently I have been working on getting the nursery ready by purging all of the stuff out of it.  Since we moved into this apartment the second bedroom has been a catch-all storage room, and it is nowhere near ready to have a baby in it, so I have been going through things, reorganizing and getting rid of some thing.  Some of our things have been stored in plastic drawer storage containers.  After my cleaning I had two empty ones that would be perfect to store diapers and things in, but they were so boring, so I decided to change them up.

 


All I needed was scrapbook paper, scissors, and clear adhesive.

First, I made these cute little forest animals out of scrapbook paper.  (The nursery theme that we have picked is forest animals). 

 


Second, I measured out the scrapbook paper to fit in the drawer.  Then I attached the animal to it and taped it with double sided scrapbooking tape to the inside of the bin.  And that was it!  Here’s the finished product.

 


I’m pretty excited about how they turned out.  I think they are super cute. 
Do you have any cheap nursery DIYs?

No comments:

Post a Comment