Thursday, September 11, 2014

I'm Not Qualified

I am a first time mom.  I am currently 19 weeks pregnant, and yes, I do already consider myself a mom.  I am in charge of the health and well-being of a teeny tiny baby, if that does not count as the beginning of motherhood than I do not know what does.

I wanted to start this blog about being a first time mom for a few reasons:

1. Writing things down gives me a chance to think and process
2. This is a good way to document everything that is going on
3. Maybe there are people out there like me and maybe we can learn from each other

If I were trying to apply for a job as "First-Time Mom" I probably wouldn't get an interview.  My cover letter would probably sound a little like this:

To Whom it May Concern,

I am so excited about the possibility of becoming a First-Time Mom.  It is something that I have always dreamed of becoming.  What I lack in experience I make up for in passion and dedication.

If you are looking at my resume you may notice that I have no qualifications or previous experience.  I hope that does not automatically put me out of the running.  I am a fast learner and I have a strong motivation to learn and be the best First-Time Mom I can be.

I am looking forward to discussing this opportunity with you further. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Lauren


What do you think?  Do I get the job?

Regardless of what you, me, or anyone else thinks, I have the job.  And I'm writing to share this journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment