Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Counting down the Days


I’m starting to get more and more excited.  The baby is kicking and moving around a lot, there is a baby shower in the works, I’ve been organizing the nursery, a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes don’t fit anymore, I’ve been stocking up on diapers and buying some clothes, and we got our first gift in the mail.

With all of these exciting things happening I can’t help but count the days until Baby Tomlinson will show up.  As of today, I have roughly 120 days left.  Is it too soon to start counting down the days?

I think not, so I made this countdown chain and hung it in the nursery.  I am a very visual person, so this way, if I am particularly stressed and feeling like there is no time left, then I can go look in the nursery and visual just how many days are left.  So here’s today.  (And of course this is all assuming the baby will come somewhere around the due date).

And since we’re talking about today, one thing that I have been particularly stressed about recently is the state of the nursery.  Here is its current state.


Yeah, I know it needs work, but now I can look at the wall and take a deep breath and realize that I have lots of time.  Lots of time to clean and organize.

So the next time you start to feel stressed, take a deep breath and do something to help you visualize how much time you have left.  Buy some candy and put that number of days worth of candy in a jar and each day you get a candy, then you can see how much is left, or find some other fun way for you to keep track.  Or just sit back, relax, and enjoy the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment