Thursday, October 2, 2014

The two sides


To find out, or not to find out, that is the question, and the argument.  Adam and I both had differing views on finding out or not.  I wanted to find out because I wanted to be able to plan the nursery and register for gender specific clothes and things.  Adam didn’t want to find out because he wanted it to be a surprise. 
 
Many people told us that not finding out just makes everything more exciting, but in my mind it makes everything more stressful!  But I caved, we are not finding out.  We registered for gender neutral things, and we’re just going to wait and see.  I’m already growing antsy with anticipation!  I can see the logic to both sides, but that doesn’t make it any easier.  I wish I knew what to call my baby, besides baby. 
 
The funniest advice on this topic came from my midwife.  She said that when people decide to be surprised it gives them the extra incentive to push when you just don’t want to anymore.  You keep pushing because you want to find out if it’s a boy or girl.  If you already know, then you don’t have as much incentive to push.  So, there you have it, on the day I give birth to our baby, I’ll have the extra incentive of finding out if I have a son or daughter, even though I think the pain will be incentive enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment