Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wonderful Weekends

Weekends are wonderful things.  And I seem to enjoy them even more now that I'm pregnant.  On the weekends, I get to sleep in as late as I want, I get to spend whole days with my husband, and recently I have a bunch of energy.

During the week I work and have other commitments and so I'm usually worn out in the evenings and do not want to do housework or anything else that needs to be done.  Needless to say, recently the housework has gotten away from me--big time.  During the weekend though, I'm on my own schedule and that gives me a surge of energy.  I can finally get things done!

So far this weekend Adam and I have:
-done all the dishes
-cleaned the kitchen and bathroom
-de-cluttered and straightened the whole house
-finally have some clean laundry
-watched a movie together
-finished Arrow season 2 together
-put our bed on risers, which allowed for the purchase and filling of 3 under the bed containers
-cleaned and organized the nursery
-wrote thank you notes for the baby gifts we have received so far
-enjoyed a refreshing Sunday morning at church

This afternoon I plan to complete the first step on a project for the nursery.  And then going to volunteer at the youth group party.

Sounds like a great weekend to me!  And even though I have done a lot and am a little tired from it, getting things done on the weekend energizes me.  So I may have gone to bed sore last night, but I was happy about it because I had worked for it.

What about you?  Are weekends when you get things done, or when you rest from everything you did during the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment