Thursday, October 30, 2014

Watching the Scale


When I first found out I was pregnant everything I read said to track your weight gain.  I knew the general amount of weight that I was supposed to be putting on each trimester and not seeing the dial increase was stressing me out.

Before becoming pregnant I weighed 130 pounds.  After the first trimester I weighed about 123 pounds.  Yes, I was just that sick.  My midwife said that it would be good to see me put on a little weight, but not to stress about it, and most importantly to just stay healthy.  She told me to just keep eating healthy and don’t worry about the weight.  She also said, like we’ve all heard already, every pregnancy is different and she has had some people not gain any weight and be perfectly healthy and she’s seen some people gain way too much, so it’s just something to be aware of but not stress about.  Health is the goal more than anything.

As of today, the first day of week 26, I weigh 138 pounds.  I eat when I’m hungry, and until I’m full.  I drink tons of water, and I try to stay healthy, and I feel great.  Not worrying about the weight has been freeing.  And I know that as these last few months pass I’ll get even bigger and heavier, but I’m not stressed about it.  Just do what feels right to your body and if something needs to change your doctor or midwife will tell you, until then, don’t stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment